Pool Refinishing Services for Port St Lucie Residents
Pool refinishing isn’t well known among pool owners… until they hear “pool resurfacing.” The services are the same, and your focus on working on the surface of your pool won’t change. However, you shouldn’t compare it to deck resurfacing as it varies in materials, technique, and how you work with the entire process. Our SoFlo Pool Decks and Pavers of Port St. Lucie team can guide you through the entire process. We want to ensure you know when refinishing is needed and why and get it done perfectly. This way, you don’t have to worry about any poor services and materials used.
This service is part of how you need to maintain your pool. What makes it different from your usual washing and cleaning is that it isn’t needed as often. Or it shouldn’t, at least. If the previous one was well done, you would have to refinish it every several years. Otherwise, resurfacing every 2 to 5 years is too often.
Also, all pools need refinishing. It doesn’t matter what type, the materials used, or how you work with your feature. If you leave cracks or delay the process, it can become more expensive and require more than just a new coat or surface.
Your underwater surface deteriorates for many reasons:
- How many people use it daily.
- The chemicals in the water: chlorine or any cleaning product.
- How acid washing is needed in some cases to remove grime and sediment. This removes parts of the finishing you have.
- Elements such as the sun and basic exposure to nature. Despite being underwater, it is still exposed to all conditions.
- Any items or damage caused during use. This happens more often than you may think.
It is natural having to deal with resurfacing your pool. Although some pool owners consider this shouldn’t be a “thing,” it is a matter of how your pool is used most of the time.
For instance, you may have a residential pool. You and your family members may not use it as often. If you do, maybe you will take care of it quite properly. But for commercial pools, refinishing is even more needed. This is due to how many people use it, how they don’t care for the feature properly, and how all items and situations can occur.
Is Pool Refinishing a Service to Worry About All the Time?
Not really. You can tell when your pool needs refinishing by looking at the surface’s condition.
Whenever you are draining your pool or take the time to check how it looks while no one is inside, pay attention. Identify any cracks, filtrations, or if they have many scratches. What about the color and texture? Does the surface look in good condition? Or is it quite damaged in multiple parts? It doesn’t matter how small the damage is in terms of cracks. If there are multiple ones, it is an issue.
Knowing all this and being able to identify it will help you know when it is time. Don’t get us wrong. Although it is crucial to refinish or resurface, it doesn’t happen as often.
We mentioned it earlier: you shouldn’t be worried about it every few years. Instead, a good surface should last for over five years and counting.
If you have had problems with your pool for a while, this means the previous contractors didn’t worry about delivering a good service. As a result, you have to go over multiple repairs, more frequent maintenance, and refinishing.
Our role in this entire process is:
- Focus on why you need refinishing and how to solve it.
- Getting you a durable and long-lasting surface—finally.
- Make sure you are safe and happy with the result.
We do this by inspecting your pool and going through an entire process. Our contractors will also listen to you and focus on what will make you satisfied and spend less time and resources.
How Our Team Refinishes Your Pool—And with What?
As mentioned before, we have a kind process for this service. It starts with the usual steps, just like the rest of our solutions. However, it evolves in terms of how we handle the entire application or performance:
- We will inspect your pool and see its condition, damage, if it needs individual repairs, etc.
- We will consider the best refinishing option based on the current one and your preference. Fiberglass, vinyl, epoxy and specific polymers are the main options we work with. They are durable and come in a wide variety of aesthetics.
- Our team provides an estimate around your project and need. We will make sure to include multiple options when possible so you can choose one that also suits your budget.
- Feel free to ask questions before, during, and after hiring us.
- The process varies when you decide to work with our team in refinishing.
Why does the process vary? Depending on the type of resurfacing we are using or your type of pool, we need to prepare it differently. For instance, refinishing a painted pool will require new paint, specific materials for repairs, and so on.
Working with concrete pools is more about replastering as well. Or we will have to apply the fiberglass, vinyl, and actual refinishing over the plaster.
There is a lot involved in how this process should be done. Thus, depending on your decision, we will guide you in how we will take the steps.
This is why we always encourage people to ask us anything. This is the only way things will be clear and you can be comfortable with what we do for you. Otherwise, you may be confused when it comes to how we are refinishing your pool at SoFlo Pool Decks and Pavers of Port St. Lucie.
Call or email our team for more information. Or use our contact form for all your inquiries!